A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Jump through treacherous obstacles atop your trusty Capybara. Can you make it to the end? If not, you can just build your own level using the built-in level builder. Do you hate the built-in level builder? Well then just open your level up in your favorite .txt editor and type away.
*** ABOUT ***
Capybara Capriole is a one-button Run-n-Jump game using exclusively text-based graphics and a 64x64 resolution (8x8 Text Characters). Levels are made up of a single line of text; the built-in level being made up of about 2,400 characters!
I made this game for #LOWREZJAM 2017, but the game is 100% finished. Some of the code will be recycled into my upcoming game "Run-N-Jump-N-Jump-N-Run", which will hopefully come out in September. "Run-N-Jump-N-Jump-N-Run" will have both capybaras & horses, scrolling backgrounds, and 2-player versus racing levels.
*** CONTROLS ***
- Space Bar is the only button used while playing a level
- Use the cursor keys, Space Bar, and Esc to navigate the menu
- ALT + ENTER toggles Full Screen
*** LEVEL BUILDING ***
Level building is very easy to do, but since the game is so small, there is no in-game documentation. Here are the basics...
- You can start creating a level by using the built-in level builder. Just type #'s for ground obstacles, $'s for a finish line and any other character for a sky obstacle. Then hit enter...
- You'll be prompted to choose starting HP and a name for your level. Level names can only have a maximum of 7 characters.
- If you want to edit your file further you can exit the program and open it up in a text editor like notepad (I use Notepad ++ personally). Saved levels also have further level building tips built into them.
- Feel free to share your level in the comments section below!
*** CREDITS ***
Everything was created by @MansterSoft.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.